In The Music

Musings about the genius life of a composer in the 21st century.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cochiti Lake, New Mexico, United States

In a perfect world, everybody sings.

Saturday, April 01, 2017





My Lenten discipline is to set aside an hour each day to sit and listen to the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and Chorus 1999 recording of Dvorak's Stabat Mater, Op 58. Robert Shaw conducting. Fabulous soloists: Christine Goerke , Marietta Simpson, Stanford Olsen, & Nathan Berg.
And there I am in the middle of the alto section - third row near the tenors -- right in the midst of this divine music.
And when I put on my headphones it all resonates in my head.
Divine present music: Every note, every text, every crescendo and dramatic cadence. It's not merely an imprinted part of me, it is more than memory. I am part of this immortal music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home