In The Music

Musings about the genius life of a composer in the 21st century.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cochiti Lake, New Mexico, United States

In a perfect world, everybody sings.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

The Project

My friend Julie calls it sash-twisting. (RE: The Dare, 7/13/06: It's that self abasing, self abusive reluctance to put it out there and let people hear this great music I make; like, “please, suh, a pittance for my treasure? And I swear I’ll never ask again.”) Jeez, it’s not welfare we’re talking here!

It’s time to put on a show. Think of Mozart betting on the come – no grants, no patrons, just a bunch of friends and an old music hall – producing the Magic Flute. How did he do that? Did it kill him? (oo, don’t wanna go there!)

Okay, think of Judy Garland and Mickey Rooney: “How can we make money to save the farm? I know, we’ll put on a show! My mom can make costumes. We can use the barn… it’ll be great!”

I guess that’s what this blog is all about: The Project:
"Red Earth"
I’ve written the music. Now it’s time to produce and perform it.
No more sash-twisting, just get out there and sing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home